Sunday, March 24, 2013

Christmas

I'm sure that all of you have given up on me and thought that I'd stopped posting. Well, actually I had stopped...simply because I had lost my password and couldn't get back into my blog! Last week, in the process of clearing off some piles of papers in the office, I found this note that brightened my day and now I am back in business again. And very far behind! So I will try to quickly recap what has been happening in our family the past three month--very busy three months!
 It seems out of place now, just a week away fro Easter, but this was a familiar scene as we drove around the streets of town back in December. 
 On Christmas Eve we drove to Pasadena to be together with Jim's cousin and her family for their Christmas celebration. Their daughter from snowy-cold North Dakota was able to travel home for the holidays.
 We were served a delicious meatball supper made in Penny's cozy kitchen.
 The had invited Chuck's brother and sister and their families for the evening. Since it had been years since Jim had seen them, he had alot of catching up to do.
Penny's niece was visiting for the holidays also, and she was brave enough to try Lutefisk for the first time!
 Chuck was the MOC for the evening program of singing, skits, stories and recitations. 
 These three guys recited the entire 139th Psalm from memory. We pray that they will always treasure God's Word! 
We closed the evening with storytime and sharing of gifts. It was such a blessed evening of fellowship and fun with family and friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment