Saturday, August 24, 2013

Car shows and more

I am trying to catch up on some posts (because I am so far behind again, too much work...not enough play!) 
About a month ago, our cardiology department was asked to help out with this traveling heart display. It featured this 400 lb replica of a heart (part of the Bodies Exhibition that was coming to our area), and the opportunity for 3 days of free testing of various cardiac issues.
 Since I worked in a clinic close by the mall where this display was located, I stopped by on my way home to see my friends who were working that day, profit from a free carotid doppler and view the giant heart. 
You can see the size of the heart in relation to the nearby people.
Several weeks ago, we joined some friends at a morning car show.
 It was cool and overcast that early in the morning (6-8AM on a Saturday!), but we enjoyed our time together. This car actually belongs to a friend of ours.
 All the guys, young and old, loved hearing this Mazda revving it's engine.
 Cars, cars, and cars...
 A sweet ride (actually, I took these pics for my sons...)
 This is a Swedish supercar (Koenigsegg) that is one of the fastest cars in the world . Unfortunately, our husbands were so busy talking they missed seeing it. So us girls had to try and tell them about it.
 Remembering those days...
While I was in Minnesota visiting my folks, Jim went to a car museum with our friends. He kept very busy during those days, so I don't think that he missed me much! 

No comments:

Post a Comment